Sunday, August 17, 2008

And now it begins...

Well today was my first day of work. I am kind of at a loss for words so far of what to post to everyone...I am journaling a lot but its not very coherent to anyone but me. All week I have training for Therapeutic Intervention Training & other areas I have to train in before I can completely start working with the kids. Yet, Wednesday night we have chapel and I am really excited to meet the kids and really get some reality to what this job will entail. I LOVE my boss, she is wonderful and I am so thankful to have someone so caring and helpful to get me started in this job. I feel like I am going to learn so much from her and from others at Cunningham over the next 2 years. Overall things are going great, I am excited about the next 2 years. I just haven't had much time to process it all.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So, I'm not going to lie, this might seem freaky, but I found you on a wall post you put on Amanda F's wall, and thought "Hey, missionary, let's check it out."

So here I am. I am so glad that you are following God's call on your life. It's an amazing thing to be a part of. I went to school for education (music education) and was a teaching fellow, and had debated many things throughout my tenure at school, and somehow, in my last year of teaching, God spoke to me, and sent me on my way. I live and teach in India at the moment and plan on going into full time ministry as God calls me to. I'm not comissioned, I'm not sent on behalf of an organization, I am just a willing participant in the community of my Lord, who will follow whereever He leads. I'm technically what people call an "independent missionary."

I don't know why i'm saying all this. I guess to let you know you aren't the only young person who's going out into the world with God as their guide.

If you ever just need some encouragement or if you have any prayer requests, feel free to e-mail me or visit my blog ( http://eternal-sunrise.blogspot.com or eternalsunrise.mk@gmail.com )

I wish you all the best,
In Christ's name,
Melissa