I am no longer my own but yours.
Put me to what you will; rank me with whom you will.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for you, or laid aside for you, exalted for you, or brought low for you.
Let me have all things; let me have nothing.
I freely and wholeheartedly, yield all things to your pleasure and disposal.
And now, glorious and blessed God, Father, So and Holy Spirit, you are mine and I am ours.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on Earth, let it be ratified in Heaven.
I just really feel that this is a beautiful call to mission and our life with God.
- Multi-directional and polyphonic, multi-centered, not linear
- moving from the center to the margins because God always moves to the margins
- linking people, opening the dialogue between the rich and marginalized people
- to hear the cry of God, identify the "sinned againstness"
- to scratch where it itches
- saying NO to alienating people from their culture
- working WITH the people to address the negative aspects in their areas
- saying YES to being God's people with all God's people