Thursday, February 19, 2009

Seeking and Finding

I search for God
elusive, hidden God,
I long to dwell
in the heart of Mystery.

I search for my true self
more of who I already am,
knowing there's so much
yet to be discovered.

I search for love,
the unconditional love
that enfolds me
and asks to be shared.

I search for vision
in the shadows of my soul,
impatiently awaiting
the moment of lighting.

I search for a quiet heart
amid life's harried schedule;
my soul cries out,
yearning for solitude.

I search for compassion
in a world gone deaf
to the cries of the hurting,
and the please of the powerless.

I search for a Home,
always for Home
unaware, of course,
that I am already there.

~Joyce Rupp~

"When you search for me, you will find me; when you search wholeheartedly for me, I shall let you find me."
-Jeremiah 29:13-

1. Reflect on the inner moments of your life. has God ever come seeking you? If so, how did this happen? what did you do in response? Did this seeking change you in any way?


2. Look within yourself. What are the deepest longings of your heart? Who and what do you most seek? make a list of these or draw a heart and fill it with words or images.

No comments: