Thursday, September 11, 2008

We are one body, one body in Christ

Chapel this week was wonderful. I wish I could have video taped it and zoomed in on each person's facial expressions throughout the whole service. Here are the highlights:

1. Choir practice for the girls for the hour before Chapel was WONDERFUL everyone came with an open mind and ready to sing & praise the Lord. I enjoyed singing with the girls.

2. The girls even sang parts in the music during the service and they sounded BEAUTIFUL! They sang, Agnus Dei and Answer Me. The words were just so simply beautiful,
"Alleluia
Alleluia
For the Lord God Almighty reigns"

3. T, one of the girls I am starting to build a relationship with sang a solo. She sang, "We are one body"...we sang it a few weeks ago (ironically on a night that the girls choir was in uproar and were not acting like they were "one body in Christ".) But for some reason it really stuck in her head and she felt God leading her to sing it again in Chapel. So she did and I cannot tell you how hard it was the fight back the tears. She had everyone on their feet singing, clapping and praising the Lord for how amazing he is and how he works in all these kids lives. I mean all the kids, all the staff, she had everyone up out of their seats! PICTURE...about 40 people, of all races, all ages, all different backgrounds, many kids that have been sexually abused, physically abused, that have mental diagnoses of all different variations...all in one room, listening to this young woman who has been through SO much, praising God through her voice and singing...

We are one body, one body in Christ;
and we do not stand alone.
We are one body, one body in Christ;
and he came that we might have life.

  1. Can you hear them crying, can you feel their pain?
    Will you feed my hungry, will you help my lame?
    See the unborn baby, the forgotten one,
    they are not forsaken, they are not unloved
  2. I am the Way, the Truth, the Life, I am the Final Sacrifice,
    I am the Way, the Truth, the Life;
    he who believes in me will have eternal life.
    I am the Way, the Truth, the Life, I am the Final Sacrifice,
    I am the Way, the Truth, the Life;
    he who believes in me will have eternal life.
    (to Verse 4)
  3. I have come, your Savior, that you might have life,
    through the tears and sorrow, through the toils and strife.
    Listen when I call you, for I know your need,
    come to me, your shepherd, for my flock I feed.
  4. On the rock of Peter, see my Church I build.
    Come receive my spirit, with my gifts be filled.
    For you are my body, you're my hands and feet.
    Speak my word of life to ev'ryone you meet.
4. And to make things even better, the Chaplain spoke about "taking a step out in faith" and the kids got to touch water from the actual Jordan River! The kids thought this was the most awesome thing ever and they all took it really seriously and paused before they touched it. I mean I was really intrigued by it too.

5. To end the night the Boys Choir sang. Which they are the sweetest boys, they work so hard and are just wonderful. They dressed up in button downs and khaki's and sang their hearts out to "Open the Eyes of my Heart" and "Lord I lift your name on High"...and let me tell you everyone was back up on their feet supporting the boys.

We truly were "One Body in Christ" last night and it was beautiful. The kids bring so much joy to my life. I was such on high last night when I got home, I was just so excited to be here.

No comments: