Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Historic Day


I have been up watching the Inauguration coverage already for a couple of hours. I am just so excited that this is actually happening! I am so proud of the U.S. right now. There are still many issues I have with problems in America but for this moment I am going to set them aside and bask in this historic moment. I am wearing my OBAMA shirt and celebrating from my apartment here in Urbana, IL. It's been such a year of change for me, for my other US-2 friends, and for our Country. Yesterday I went to a Unity breakfast to celebrate the life of Martin Luther King, Jr. and as I sat in a room with about 90% African American's and we sang Lift Every Voice, My Country Tis of Thee, and We Shall Overcome...I just smiled and tears came to my eyes that parts of Martin Luther Kings Dream had come true over the years and today even more so. His dream is alive and hopefully now will be reborn. I hope our country will continue this enthusiasm for Change, Hope and Service. Obama cannot fix it all, I know he will not. But I have hope our country can change, even if it is just through 1 person at a time.