Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I could use a little help

If you have already read my e-mail, then you can ignore my blog post. If not PLEASE READ!!!

I am in desperate need of help from ANY of you that can spare a few minutes of your time to do something for me. I am attempting to write my own little Advent devotional book for our kids here at Cunningham Children's Home. It's amazing how hard it is to find curriculum and devotionals that work for our kids. But I had this idea today as I was planning my lesson for sunday on Advent. The ONE thing they ALL love is MUSIC!!! So I decided that I am going to make them a mixed CD of all kinds of Christmas songs, a mixture of hymns and other songs about Christmas. I want to emphasize that Advent is a season of waiting, and not passive waiting but ACTIVE waiting. So I wanted to make a devotional that goes along with the CD...and that is where I need your help. I would love to have little notes from people throughout talking about how you celebrate Advent and how you prepare your hearts for the coming of Jesus each year. You can do this through writing about your favorite christmas song, a tradition you have during Advent, what you need to work on this year during advent, or how music adds to your advent season. This does not need to be long...just a paragraph or 2. Here are some of the hymns and songs I know I am using so far:

O Holy Night
O Come O Come Emmanuel
Emmanuel by Alathea
Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant
Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
O Come All Ye Faithful
The First Noel
O Little Town of Bethlehem
Glorious by Melissa Etheridge
Silent Night
Light of the Stable by Emmylou Harris

You can use any other songs too! If you could get this to me BEFORE Sunday Nov. 30th that would be AMAZING. If you can't get it by then I will still take it up to the 5th of Dec. But I REALLY could use as many as I can before sunday. I know this is like the worst time ever to be asking for something but if ANY of you get a few minutes this would be SOOO helpful to me and I know my kids will appreciate it sooo much! Heck I'll even send you a copy! I love you all!

God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: